What is Lindy Hop?
Lindy Hop is the original swing dance danced by young people in the early 1900’s. It encompasses 8-count and 6-count movement patterns, and in our opinion is the most fun dance in the world!
For a more detailed description, check out this video from www.Yehoodi.com
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to bring a partner?
No. Many people come without partners, and there will be friendly faces for you to meet and dance with.
What should I wear? What shoes should I wear?
Some people dress up. Some people dress casually. Dress the way you feel, but be aware that you will be meeting new people. As for shoes, wear something light and comfortable to dance in, BUT please do not wear shoes that have been worn outside.
What kind of music do you play?
Though it was originally danced to Jazz, today swing dance is danced to many forms of music. Our DJ’s usually mix older standards with more current songs.
What ages are appropriate for swing dancing?
You’re never too old or too young for swing dancing. Many pioneers of the style continued to dance well into their twilight years. We encourage children, teenagers, adults, and seniors to give swing dancing a try.
1. Practice Good Hygiene. (brush your teeth, make sure you smell good, etc.)
2. Please no street shoes on the dance floor.
3. Ask people to dance!
4. When people ask you to dance, try to say yes.
5. If you do not want to dance with someone it is ok to politely decline.
6. If you decline a dance with someone please sit out the entire song to be polite.
7. Please respect a persons CHOICE to decline a dance with you.
8. Don’t focus on how “good” or “bad” a dancer you are. Try to have fun and be social.
9. Please no aerials during social dances. They are unsafe to perform in a casual environment